In Part 1 of The Secrets To Increasing Your Self-Worth series I shared that the definition of self-worth is the same as self-esteem. In addition, you discovered why it imports to realize self-esteem fully.
In this article, you will discover what you might be experiencing when you have low self-esteem. Some of this content might resonate with you.
However, before I do, let us recap our aim during this series:
When you want to realize self-esteem fully, your goal is to develop the confidence and belief that you are appropriate to life and the requirements of life. Low self-esteem, therefore, has a lot to do with the way you feel about yourself, view yourself and believe others view you too.
I shared in Part 1 the possible conversation you have with yourself when you feel inadequate in a circle of people. If you constantly put yourself down, have you developed any of these patterns? You
- Do not feel good about yourself.
- Do not feel worthy of love.
- Are filled with inner critics and self-doubt.
- Feel lonely and find it difficult to reach out to others.
- Are deep in self-rejection.
- Feel extremely vulnerable and heavy because of all the issues weighing on you.
- Find it difficult to show yourself self-compassion etc.
If the above patterns ring true to you, you need a starting point that will help you transform your perception of yourself and break through any barrier to self-worth, self-compassion and self-love. Start where you are.
Your starting point is to take 100% responsibility for your life by understanding first what might have created low self-worth over the years.
- It could be a failure: perhaps you have not been able to date to bounce back from a particular event in your life, like a failed love relationship. This love relationship was very dear to you. You now question whether you are worthy of love.
- It could be a childhood trauma such as bullying or the absence of love from one of your parents. You might feel ashamed of not being loved and appreciated to this day.
- It could be work-related: no matter how hard you try, you never feel satisfied, appreciated and good enough. Consequently, you question your self-worth.
Because of these events, you created the belief, thought and behaviour pattern that diminishes your worthiness. You do not matter.
- Do you agree that this belief, thought, and behaviour has shaped your life experience?
No matter what the reason might be, it is clear that your level of self-esteem will be instrumental in the quality of your life and what you accomplish in life. For example, you may have an ambitious project which will be challenging to complete due to a negative self-image.
It is necessary to commit to positive change and adopt a new mindset to gain the confidence and courage to accomplish your desired outcome.
Therefore, you need to reclaim your inner power to improve your life and cope with life’s challenges. To this effect, it is necessary to build high self-esteem and move away from self-defeating thoughts and beliefs, which render you powerless.
When you have low self-esteem, you create an image of yourself that is not your true self. You do not give yourself any favour when you put yourself down.
In Part 3 of the Secrets to Increasing Your self-worth series, you will discover valuable tips on building your self-worth.
To fully realize self-worth, you need to develop the confidence and belief that you are appropriate to life and the requirements of life.
Key steps to accelerate your success:
- Start developing the confidence and belief that you are appropriate to life and the requirements of life by reflecting upon these four questions:
Question #1: How do you view the world?
Question #2: How do you view your life?
Question #3: How do you show up in life? and
Question #4: What do you aspire to in life?
This exercise will help you identify more clearly the discrepancies between what your heart desires and how your current beliefs and doubts get in the way of making your dream a reality.
Free tool to accelerate your success:
If you want to enjoy and experience more peace in your life, you will love this. Get immediate access to my FREE eBook: "YES! TO Love Success Habits – 7 Steps To Inner Peace, Joy And Happiness" so that you can feel calmer as well as boost your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Click here to claim your copy by clicking on the link below: